(Available through our online store)
The OpenTracker USB replaces the OpenTracker+, and incorporates almost all of the features of the Tracker2 (excluding only digipeater and Garmin binary protocol support). The addition of native USB support makes connecting the tracker to a PC for setup or tethered operation easier than ever.
- USB port - Connect to a PC and configure with a single cable, no serial adapter or null modem cable required.
- Plots received positions as waypoints - APRS stations, objects, and items received over the air can be passed to a GPS receiver to be plotted on its map display.
- KISS support - Use with any packet program that supports the standard KISS interface protocol.
- Command console - A traditional TNC2-style serial console provides a simple, platform-independent configuration interface. Additionally, APRS station-to-station messages may be sent and received from the command line.
- Remote control via APRS - Most of the commands available at the console may also be issued through APRS station-to-station text messages. This allows the unit to be reconfigured from anywhere in the world with APRS access. Access can be limited by callsign and through the use of a secure one-time-password scheme.
- Upgradeable - Firmware updates are free and easy to install. Firmware images can be downloaded directly from the website with the Windows-based configuration utility.
- Flexible and Expandable - Extra analog inputs and digital I/O lines, plus a Dallas 1-wire bus, allow connection of a wide variety of devices.
- SmartBeaconing™ - APRS tracking with SmartBeaconing™ support for automatic beacon rate control, compressed format support for shorter packets and better precision, and timeslotting for efficient, coordinated channel usage.
- Weather Station Support - Supports Peet Bros Ultimeter and Davis Vantage Pro series weather stations.
- On-board temperature and voltage telemetry
- Scripting - A simple scripting and macro language allows a degree of flexibility and programmability not found in other trackers.
- Dual serial ports - Accessible via splitter cable, with connection for internal GPS receiver.
OpenTracker USB Support
The OpenTracker USB Wiki contains detailed and up-to-date information on the OpenTracker USB.
The easiest way to update the firmware is to use the 'Load Firmware from Web' option in the configuration program.
The following firmware files are provided for off-line use. Right-click to save the file.
|otusb-56412.s19||OpenTracker USB firmware||April 4, 2013|
Manual and Schematics
The .inf file below must be installed for Windows systems to recognize the OpenTracker USB when using a USB connection. Most other operating systems will not require any special configuration.
- Windows INF file for Tracker3 and OpenTracker USB
- Windows INF file installation walk-through
- USB setup for other operating systems
Tracker3 Discussion Forum
The Tracker2, Tracker3, and OpenTracker USB series are covered by the Tracker2 Yahoo Group